Monday, July 14, 2014

Bless the Lord, O my soul!

Glory and praise to our God Who alone gives light to our days! Many are the blessings He bears to those who trust in His ways.
mission patient smiling after a game
mission chapel reconstructed.
thanks be to all donors and volunteers
the medical mission is based in this chapel
Till the end of my days, O Lord, I will bless Thy Name.
sing Thy praise, give Thee thanks all my days!
catechism children on their first procession in honor of the Queenship of Mary
asthmatic patient smiling after the procession
Thou hast blessed me with good things and plenty
catechism children learning a new song
and surrounded my table with friends... their love and laughter enrich me
surgical patient poses with her family before her house after her hospital discharge
She lives 3 towns away from Tacloban
Together we sing Thy praise!
______________________________________

a church garden that became a mass grave for victims whose poor relatives could not afford to bury.
The Lord ruleth me: and I shall want nothing.
yes, many find themselves lucky to have the luxury of borrowed space and temporary lodgings
He hath set me in a place of pasture.
fishing resumes for those who are lucky to receive free boats from various humanitarian agencies
He hath brought me up, on the water of refreshment:
survivors learning to pray
he hath converted my soul. 
He hath led me on the paths of justice,
 for His own Name's sake.
For though I should walk in the midst of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evils, for thou art with me. 
13-year old patient with nephrotic syndrome

thankful beneficiary of the house construction mission stands outside her house
where came to stay a sick relative, now already a patient of the mission
Thy rod and thy staff, they have comforted me.
patient with advanced pulmonary infection
received Extreme Unction on May 2014, died July 14 at 3AM.  May he rest in peace.  Amen.
Thou hast anointed my head with oil; 
little patient with head sores, treated for pediculosis and bacterial infection
asthmatic patient smiles after a catechism class
and my chalice which inebriateth me, how goodly is it!
Little patient with pneumonia and Tetralogy of Fallot, big sister attending catechism class
And thy mercy will follow me all the days of my life. 
And that I may dwell in the house of the Lord unto length of days.

Life goes on... 
smile... though some ache still feeling
smile, though some roof's still broken

though there are clouds in the sky
we get by

see, we smile
beneficiary of housing and livelihood assistance smiles as she waits for customers
with our fear and sorrow
learning to give up playtime in order to sell mangoes and earn money to buy school supplies
learning to cut playtime in order to offer a Rosary to Our Lady
smile
for we know tomorrow
we'll see the sun come shining through
cousins of mission patients regularly attending evening catechism lessons
...we find that life is much worth while, so we just smile!
_______________________________

Judith Kathriner from Switzerland with the catechism pupils
Claudia Schuwey from Switzerland organizing games for the catechism pupils
Paul Kimball from USA teaching songs to the catechism pupils
Rose Ann Magcuro, Junior Legionary from Tacloban, pitches in the catechism class
Preparing for First Communion
learning to control childish giggles and extra movements to participate in the greatest Sacrifice in Calvary
renewed at Holy Mass
Understanding the difference between ordinary bread and the consecrated Bread
memorizing why Christ instituted the Holy Eucharist
reviewing for the final exam
practicing for first Confession
final review
how to receive Holy Communion
learning to pray
What happiness is mine today
Jesus, my God, has come to me. His Heart now rests in mine!
Wrapt is my soul in sweet amaze... Jesus, my God is mine!
Please God, I want to be Your Altar server...




catechism pupils (one missing from the picture) who have received First Communion from April 7-June 22







Bless the Lord, o my soul!

No comments: