Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Plea from Basilan

Dear Friends in Christ,


Today, December 7, 2011, we received a text message from a local retired doctor based in Basilan, as quoted below, asking for some support to start her charitable clinic which will pave the way to provide free health care access to the local community.

"Good afternoon I am "Dra. B", President of East side Barangay Senior Citizen Association and a past president of our Basilan Rotary Club.  They gave me your number if I need some medical instruments and medical supplies. We have put up a health center clinic at our barangay hall. Just a small room for me and midwife to do a consultation and check up for pregnant  women in our barangay.

I am a retired Provincial Health Officer and Chief of Our General Hospital. I just do these things for free. We are in need of two stethoscopes, two sphygmomanometer, syringes, scalpel, different forceps, suturing needles, gauzes, plaster, surgical scissors, betadine and other needs for emergencies of a small clinic in order for me and our senior citizen to be of help to our barangay and community.

I would be very grateful as well as our community if you could give us these things we needed.
Please kindly help us. Thank you and God bless."

If you are interested or know anyone who is willing to spare some of these materials for her clinic, please let us know. :) 

Thank you very much for your generosity.

God bless! 


No comments: